About Me

Hi! I'm Becca Fitzpatrick, the author of the internationally bestselling HUSH, HUSH saga. When not writing, I'm most likely running, prowling sale racks for shoes (stilettos, please!), or enjoying one of life's many little indulgences: Ice cream, Veronica Mars, losing myself in a book, painting my toenails, or simply daydreaming. I do my best to update this blog as frequently as possible with news on upcoming events, tips for writers, and all things pertaining to my books.

23 October 2012

Finale Release Day!

Dear Readers,

This is it--the big day. Finale is officially on sale, which means many of you will know how Patch and Nora's story ends before the sun sets tonight. I'm feeling nervous/excited/antsy/hopeful. It's a much better combination of feelings than the ones I experienced this summer, after turning the final manuscript in. I spent the summer feeling a strange melancholy about finishing the Hush, Hush series, knowing I'd never spend time writing these characters' stories again. Part of the problem was not being able to talk about the story events with readers--with you. I had to keep everything to myself, and the not talking about it--well, that meant I had to carry everything alone. Over the past few weeks, I've felt a simmering excitement knowing that very, very soon, I'll be able to talk about the characters, their journeys, their triumphs, their struggles, and their sacrifices.

I hope you love Finale. I hope it touches you, and makes you feel a range of emotions--most of all, deep satisfaction. I feel a special kinship with those of you who've been with the Hush, Hush series from the beginning. We were in the trenches together, watching Patch and Nora's story unfold over the years. To those of you who came to events on my first book tour to Texas, Arizona, California, and Toronto--thank you for your support early on. You gave me confidence and the desire to keep writing. I kept you in the back of my mind as I wrote Crescendo, the hardest book I've ever had to write. I thought of you as I wrote Silence and Finale too. I didn't want to disappoint you. I knew you were out there, expecting something special.

To my readers who've discovered the books recently--I love your enthusiasm. I love hearing that you plowed through all three books in a week (sometimes less!) and are anxiously awaiting Finale. Your enthusiasm is contagious. Thank you for sharing the books with your friends, neighbors, teachers, students, parents, daughters, boyfriends, etc.!

To the librarians, teachers, booksellers, and book-lovers around the world who've championed my books and put them into the right hands with such care: thank you. I wish I could thank you individually. I follow your example and spread the love of reading with everyone I can. I never grow tired of saying, "If you don't like reading, it's because you haven't found the right book yet."

It's been an incredible, life-changing three years since Hush, Hush published in 2009. I've learned so much about the writing process, and I've made lasting friendships with readers all over the globe. What a ride it has been. I wouldn't change a thing.

Enough of my rambling on. What are you waiting for? Go read Finale!

xoxo
Becca

24 comments:

Alyssa said...

Congrats on the release!!! I'll be hitting the stores to get FINALE!!! :D

Unknown said...

Omg i wanted to stay home from school just to go buy the book on my kindle and get through it I cant wait till later to buy it!!!!

jasmine said...

Finally!!
I've been waiting for the final book of hush,hush saga since I finished reading both translation and original versions.
Thank you so much,Becca,for sharing Patch and Nora's story with us and thanks to your incredible imagination.
I'll get the book tomorrow and I guess I'll stay up late to enjoy the fantaic ending.

Mundie Moms said...

Congratulations on Finale's release Becca! Thank you for sharing Patch and Nora's story with us!! I can't wait to go pick up my copy today.

Ruby97 said...

Congrats Bec! It was wonderful meeting you at the end of last year at the Black Hand Ball in Sydney :) I have been waiting for Finale for so long! Thank you x

Claire said...

Hi Becca !!!! I want to thank you for Hush Hush saga!!! I can't believe it's over!! One entire part of my life is with books and I spent three years with Hush Hush so when I'll finish Finale I will certainly cry... We love you, Thank you for Patch and Nora's story, thank you for this dream...

Eileen said...

I know what I'm doing this weekend ;) Congratulations and I can't wait to see what happens!

zona.liberada said...

From Argentina, following you since the beginning! All my support to you, and my very sincere thanks. I can't wait for the moment the book will be in sell in here! I've read Hush hush, Crescendo and Silence many times each, and i'm so excited to read Finale, although I don't want this story ends. It's one of my very favorites. A loving greeting for you and all my best wishes! Ailin

Ayesha.N said...

Congrats Becca can't wait to read Finale when it's released on the 25th october in the UK.

Larissa Camacho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larissa Camacho said...

Hello Becca, congratulations for the success saga, i'm from Brazil and i love your story, i am not the only. Brazilian fans and I would like to know if there is provision for the release of "finale" in Brazil.
Thank you, Larissa Camacho.

Bruna Corrêa said...

Hi Becca! I am a Brazilian girl who loves Hush,Hush! I can't wait to read The Finale! I just wanted to say that I told all of my friends about the book and they loved it. You are one of the best writers that I ever seen, and I if some day I just could write with 1% of your talent, my life would be complete! Thanks for inspiring me and being my hero! Sorry about my English, I'm just 12, and my oficial language is portuguese, not english. Love you and once again, your books! xoxo, Bruna.

Unknown said...

Esto es una locura! Aun no puedo creer que esta historia llegue a un final...siquiera que halla un final para ella... En fin recuerdo que cuando apenas vi el libro por primera vez me llamo mucho la atención, y cuando lo empece a leer Madre mia! me fascino y no podía dejarlo hasta acabarlo. Así me paso con todos, Me enamore de cada párrafo, cada oración de cada palabra y expresión... Estuve esperando el estreno de "final" con muchas ansias/nerviosismo/Deseo/Melancolía Fue un conjunto de sentimientos encontrados que no tiene palabras.
Felicidades por este grandioso éxito que aun me deja anonadada, es una mis historias predilectas.
Y no puedo dejar pasar un "MIL MILLONES DE GRACIAS" por no ser egoísta y compartirla con el mundo! Eres un genio... Mis mejores deseos para ti y los que te rodean, que sin ellos tu no serias la misma y por consiguiente nosotros tus mas grandes seguidores tampoco. Melany

Otra cosita: me encantaría tener noticias de que vendrás a Argentina... Seria un sueño tenerte acá.

Kim said...

I've been so in love with these books over the past couple of years that I cant believe there coming to an end :( but I cant wait to read Finale and see what happens to all my favorite characters!!

Unknown said...

Excuse me...but do you know when the "Finale" will publish in England?

Lily said...

Becca, thank you for your amazing books! Your stories are full of humor and passion, and love... I love it) It's so sad to say goodbye to Patch and Nora, but I will remember them and I'm looking forward to read your next book.

79bypg said...

I'm going to cry when it's over. I can't wait to find out what happens to Patch and Nora, but I still can't believe its ending. Lots of my friends have read this, and I will always recommend your books to anyone! Best wishes Becca, and Thanks for your great books! Look forward to seeing you on your book tour!

♥CfP♥ said...

I'm so glad, but sad at the same time. I love your books!

Daya said...

quando chega no Brasil quero muito ler o último livro....já estou com saudades de Patch e Nora,agora espera filme.... beijos

Wandi said...

Awe this made me want to cry :( I congratulate you and thank you so much for writing such wonderfulll books. Now I shall follow orders and finish Finale :)

ILOVEBOOKS said...

OMG ITS FINALLY OUT!!! CHRISTMAS IS COMING EARLY THIS YEARS FOR ME :D I`m REALLY looking forward to reading finale since the series was amazing. The bad thing is that I'll be sobbing for the next month thinking that i wont get to see more of our fallen angel Patch and nephlim Nora. :,( I`LL MISS YOU GUYS SOO MUCH!! good thing i have all three books just need final. you can bet ill re~read these books MILLIONS of times :D

FashionNerd said...

THIS SHOULDN'T BE THE LAST BOOK!!!!! I cried at the end when I realized it was over and wish you would write something about those 3 years you skipped;(

Book Plots said...

I started reading it and finished it all in one day, as I did with the rest of the series! I'm so sad it's over, but I will continue to be a faithful reader of your books. I hope that maybe someday you might want to pick the story back up again...they're immortal, so I'm sure they have many more stories to tell :)

Wolfy said...

Hey!
I´m Madalena,I'm portuguese and I just wanted to say that I loved all the books and that I'm really excited for the big Finale!
I love the way you write, it really, relly makes me feel all the emotions... it's wonderful.

:)